A chakra is an energy center in the human body as taught in Indian yoga and some related cultures. Chakras are also believed in by some New Age adherents. Chakra means Aneel or wheel in Sanskrit.
A chakra is an area in the body connected with life energy. There are seven chakras in the body - each is an interface for the flow of life energy. A chakra vitalizes a physical body and is associated with interactions of a physical or mental nature. Current science is not able to detect or measure chakras.
Although there are various interpretations as to what exactly a chakra is, the following features are common in all systems:
- They are generally associated with a mantra seed-syllable, and often with a variety of colours and deities.
- They are located along a central nadi, Sushumna, which runs either alongside or inside the spine.
- Two other nadis, Ida and Pingala, also run through the chakras, and alongside Sushumna. They occasionally cross Sushumna at the location of the chakras.
- They form part of a subtle energy body, along with the energy channels, or nadis, and the subtle winds, or pranas.
- They possess a number of petals or spokes. In some traditions, such as the Tibetan, these spokes branch off into the thousands of nadis that run throughout the human body.
2. Types of Chakras
The seven main chakras are described as being present in an ascending column from the base of the spine to the head. The chakras are usually connected with a certain color. Each chakra is also connected with some part of consciousness.
The following seven primary chakras are commonly described:
- Anahata Heart Chakra heart area
- Vishuddha Throat Chakra throat and neck area
- Muladhara Base or Root Chakra ovaries/prostate
- Swadhisthana Sacral Chakra last bone in spinal cord, the coccyx
- Sahasrara Crown Chakra top of the head; soft spot of a newborn
- Manipura Solar Plexus Chakra navel area
- Ajna Brow or Third Eye Chakra pineal gland or third eye
- Third eye chakra Ajna
- Solar plexus chakra Manipura
- Navel chakra Swadhisthana
- Crown chakra Sahasrara
- Throat chakra Vishuddha
- Heart chakra Anahata
- Root chakra Muladhara
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →